Medical examination for the FMA approval
In accordance with Russian federal laws, medical examination and federal certification are required for successful approval of work permits and temporary or permanent residency on the territory of the Russian Federation. A medical examination confirms the absence of contagious diseases caused by the human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) or addiction to prohibited narcotic substances specified by the Ministry of Health of the Russian Federation and the Federal Migration Agency (FMA). All certificates are issued on paper or in the form of electronic documents.
The European Medical Center offers an examination process that provides timely medical testing and certification. The EMC medical examination is valid for the FMA approval:
Patients are tested for HIV, syphilis, hepatitis and traces of prohibited narcotic substances. Testing is performed at the certified lab, as well as in GEMC's own in-house laboratory.
Diaskintest and Chest X-Ray/CT scans are performed. These procedures allow TB diagnostics.
Examination by medical specialists:
Dermatologist: skin examination to rule out infectious diseases.
Psychiatrist–Narcologist: mental health and drug addiction check up.
Based on Diaskintest (visually accessible in 72 hours) and X-Ray/CT scan results, the last medical specialist, a phthisiatrician, conducts TB screening.
On the same day, EMC issues 2 federal certificates, which verify successful completion of all tests.
Advantages of medical examinations at EMC:
All tests and check ups by medical professionals are conducted in one place (Orlovsky pereulok bld. 7, Moscow).
Freedom of communication: medical personnel and doctors speak various languages.
Completion of medical screening takes the shortest time possible. In 72 hours you receive a complete document package.
Issued certificates are accepted for successful registration at FMA.
- DURING YOUR VISIT TO THE DERMATOLOGIST, YOU HAVE THE OPPORTUNITY TO OBTAIN A FREE MOLE CHECK UP FOR CANCER AND MAPPING PROCEDURES
1. Do I have to undertake the medical examination to receive a necessary document package for Federal Migration Agency?
- Yes, if you plan on staying in Russian Federation for longer period than 6 month.
- Yes, if you plan to receive a work permit on the territory of Russian Federation.
- Yes, if you plan to receive a permit for a temporary or permanentprecedency on the territory of Russian Federation.
2. I am a student, starting education in Russian university. Do I need to undertake the medical examination to receive a necessary document package for Federal Migration Agency?
3. Who did establish the necessity and the order of this medical examination?
- Necessity, order, validity of the lab approved by the state, list of tests and medical specialists necessary- all were established by the federal law in force.
4. Are all of the hospitals and medical centers valid for providing this particular medical examination?
- No. Only hospitals and medical centers officially approved and licensed by the Federal Migration Agency and linked to a validated state lab are permitted to perform such a medical examination.
5. The EMC consists of several hospitals. Is it possible for me to pass this examination in each of your medical facilities?
- No. Medical examination for receiving a necessary document package for Federal Migration Agency is only performedin one place. This medical facility is located at the following address:
Orlovsky pereulok, bld. 7, Moscow.
This condition is determined by the necessity of complete functioning and safeguarding the process.
6. The Russia is a completely unknown country to me. I do not speak Russian.
What should I do?
- This is not a problem. The EMC's medical personnel and doctors speak on various of languages.
9. What is the price of this medical examination at the EMC?
- Initial medical examination – 422 euro.
- Procedure of issuing additional certificates. The following price is for a single additional issue of two certificates– 216 euro*.
* - Filing an application for further certificates issuing later than in 30 days from the time of your medical examination - considered to be invalid. For the certificates’ period of validity please see section 7.