New DXA system for osteoporosis detection in EMC
Osteoporosis (a skeleton disease associated with increased fragility of the bones) can develop for many years without any manifestations. Therefore, early diagnosis is very important.
X–ray densitometry is the most effective method.
A new Prodigy Advance densitometer is now installed in EMC. It allows comprehensive and accurate assessment of the bone and soft tissues state using state of art technology.
It is possible to perform simultaneous bone density test and body composition analysis.
Simultaneous scanning of the spine and both thighbones with the advancedhip examination.
The study is absolutely safe for the patient.
OSTEOPOROSIS RISK FACTORS:
- Hereditary predisposition
- Removal of ovaries in women of childbearing age
- Sedentary lifestyle
- Body weight deficit
- Age of older than 50
- Lack of calcium and vitamin D
- Suppressed menstruation for 6 months or more
- Thyroid disease
- Excessive physical activity
- Back pain
- Glucocorticosteroid use
- Osteoporotic fractures occur in 1 of 3 women over 50 years and 1 of 5 men over 50 years.
- In Russia, 14 million people (10% of the population) suffer from osteoporosis.
- One osteoporotic fracture occurs every 3 seconds worldwide!
- Compression vertebral fractures are detected in 25% of women over 50 years.
- Calcium deficiency in the body was detected in more than 80% of the Russian population.