European Medical Center Schepkina hospital has earned JCI accreditation
European Medical Center (Schepkina Hospital) has earned Joint Commission International’s Gold Seal of Approval® for Hospital Accreditation by demonstrating continuous compliance with its internationally-recognized standards.
Joint Commission International is the most authoritative international organization for accreditation of medical institutions around the world. JCI certificate is recognized as the "gold standard" of quality in the world medical community. Its presence indicates that the hospital operates in accordance with international quality and safety standards of medical care.
"The mission of the European medical center is to provide patients in Russia with the best medical care as well as access to the latest global medical technologies, and patient’s safety is the key priority for us," Andrey Yanovsky, CEO, sais. – This is fully correlates with the JCI principles, so obtaining this international accreditation was a logical step in the company’s development and officially confirmed our commitment to providing safe and effective patient care. Accreditation by the authoritative organization such as JCI is an additional factor of trust for our patients, including foreign citizens who are permanently residing in Russia and come to us for treatment from abroad."
EMC Schepkina Hospital underwent a rigorous on-site survey. During the survey, a team of Joint Commission International expert surveyors evaluated compliance with hospital standards related to a variety of areas, including the International Patient Safety Goals, patient assessment and care, anesthesia and surgical care, medication management, patient and family education, quality improvement, infection prevention and control, governance and leadership, facility management, staff qualifications and education, and information management.
"The bar of requirements is constantly rising, as the Joint Commission focuses on the best world practices when developing its standards. This process reflects the philosophy of the European medical center — development, improvement and constant growth", — Andrey Yanovsky added.
What does JCI accreditation mean for patients?
- Confidence that the quality of medical care in the hospital meets the most stringent international standards.
- Use of the up-to-date treatment approaches with the proven efficacy.
- Strict requirements to qualification of doctors and medical personnel.
- Compliance with patient safety requirements: patient identification at all stages of medical care, careful monitoring of the drug prescription, quality control for anesthesia and surgical care, prevention of hospital-acquired infections.
- Compliance with the safety requirements for the building and medical equipment.