Cardio Check-Up - Take Care of Your Cardiovascular Health!
EMC's Clinic of Cardiovascular Diseases is offering patients examinations under the program Cardio check-up. With the help of this examination you can find out everything about the health of your heart and blood vessels.
Many are familiar with diseases of the coronary arteries, as well as diseases of the head and neck arteries and the peripheral arteries, conge
nital heart disease, heart failure, hypertension, cardiac arrhythmias, and right and left heart blocks. The most well known complications of these conditions are heart attack, stroke and sudden death due to life-threatening arrhythmias and heart block.
The Cardio Check-Up is a complete physical examination, providing a complete picture of the condition of the heart and blood vessels, blood pressure levels, the presence of life-threatening arrhythmias and exercise tolerance, to identify clear and hidden issues with major body systems.
The examination will also help identify one of the most common cardiac arrhythmias in older people - atrial fibrillation, which is a main cause of intra-cardiac thrombosis, which causes strokes.
We recommend this screening for:
Anyone who cares about their health and knows that prevention is the best healthcare, as well as:
1. Men age 45 and older and women age 55 and older without cardiovascular complaints;
2. Individuals with risk factors for cardiovascular disease, including:
- High cholesterol,
- Diabetes, including its beginning latent forms (metabolic syndrome),
- Family history of cardiovascular disease,
- Excessive alcohol use,
- Chronic stress.
3. Individuals suffering from cardiovascular diseases for continued follow-up examination and, if necessary, correction of treatment in accordance with modern international standards.
What does the program include?
Level 1 Program:
- Cardiology consultation (initial consultation at the beginning, and a second consultation at the end of the program);
- Internal medicine consultation;
- Transthoracic echocardiograph;
- Duplex ultrasound of the neck arteries;
- 24-hour EKG (Holter monitor);
- 24-hour blood pressure monitoring;
- Duplex ultrasound of the lower extremity veins;
- Cardiac stress test (bicycle or treadmill);
- Blood tests.
Level 2 Program:
- In addition to the above, ultrasound of lower extremity arteries, the renal arteries, multilayer spiral CT of the coronary arteries.
Specialists at the Clinic of Cardiovascular Diseases recommend a yearly prophylactic examination in the absence of any cardiovascular complaints, or every 6 months for the diagnosis of cardiovascular disease.