The European Medical Center (EMC) was founded in 1989. Now it is one of the leading multidisciplinary clinics in Moscow, serving more than 250 000 patients a year. EMC provides all types of outpatient, inpatient and emergency care according to the highest international standards.
The European Medical Center:
The leading European multispecialty clinic in Moscow with a 25-year history.
Western European, North American, Israeli, Japanese, and Russian physicians with experience working in leading clinics around the world.
Modern diagnostic and workup methods, advanced technology, high-tech equipment.
Medical care provided according to European and North American protocols.
Round the clock care: EMC is open for emergency and scheduled care 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
Impeccably polite and attentive staff, service of the highest quality
The European Medical Center (EMC) was founded in 1989 to provide medical assistance to foreigners living in Moscow with the participation of the French company, Europ Assistance. The clinic originally consisted of several offices of foreign physicians. The initiative was a great success, which allowed the owners to expand the practice and invite new doctors. In 2001 a multidisciplinary clinic was opened in a historic mansion on Spiridonievsky Pereulok, which combined an outpatient department, a diagnostic center and an inpatient hospital. It was the first private clinic in Moscow to offer Western-standard medical care at a high level of service.
With the arrival of new leadership in 2004, there were further expansions in clinical practice primarily due to developments in surgery, with a tremendous increase in the number of operations performed. Urgent and emergency care services were also added. By this time, a unique international team of doctors had formed at the European Medical Center and a strategy had been formulated for developing academic competence and introducing advanced methods of diagnosis and treatment.
In 2009, EMC opened a 5000 sq.m new clinic building on Orlovsky Pereulok with an outpatient clinic department, an inpatient hospital, an intensive care unit and four ultra-modern operating suites, as well as its own diagnostic center with CT, MRI, mammography and endoscopy. The new building also housed a Urology Center, Cardiology and Neurology Departments, and the European Clinic of Sports Traumatology and Orthopedics: the largest private orthopedic clinic in Russia.
With the opening of the modern clinic on Orlovsky Pereulok, the European Medical Center had become one of the largest private medical institutions in the country. Unlike most private clinics, EMC focused not only on the "basically healthy patient," but also on providing comprehensive care for the most serious diseases. EMC was one of the first in private medicine to develop oncology services. In 2010 the Oncology and Hematology Clinic was opened, which was the first in Moscow to offer patients modern European and American cancer treatment protocols.
To further expand EMC's capabilities, and primarily to organize the full cycle of cancer care, a new multidisciplinary hospital was opened in 2012 on Schepkina Street. The modern, seven-story, 15,500 sq. meter building was equipped with state-of-the-art facilities and equipment to provide diagnostic and medical care at the highest international standards. The building contains a comfortable inpatient hospital, modern operating units equipped with the latest Da Vinci Si HD robotic surgical system, an intensive care unit, the Breast Center, the Urology Clinic, the Gynecology and Gynecologic Oncology Clinic, the Clinic of Cardiovascular Diseases, the Clinic of Reproductive and Prenatal Medicine, the Clinical Diagnostic Laboratory, and outpatient areas. In addition to the Emergency and Urgent Care Departments, Urgent Surgery and the Department of Radiodiagnostics also work around the clock.
There was a further expansion of the clinic's scientific and practical potential in 2014 with the arrival of world-renowned specialists in neurosurgery, spine surgery, liver surgery and transplantation, and reconstructive and general urology. The Clinic of Neurology and Neurosurgery have implemented modern technologies to perform complex operations on patients with diseases of the brain and spinal cord.
In May 2015, the hospital on Schepkina Street opened the Department of Nuclear Medicine Diagnostics which includes PET/CT and SPECT-CT scanners and the Cyclotron and Radiochemical Laboratory Complex for synthesis of radiopharmaceuticals, in addition to the Radiotherapy Department with the latest TrueBeam and Trilogy linear accelerators. Thus, today EMC has the capacity to provide the full cycle of cancer care, including the use of different diagnostic methods (radiotherapy and molecular), and conservative, surgical, or radiotherapy treatments, all carried out according to international standards. The Oncology Institute was formed at the Clinic of Oncology and Hematology, which brings together leading experts in radiology, oncology, surgery, and radiation therapy, from the US, Western Europe, Israel, and Russia. Together with the EMC's Medical School, (emc-school.ru) the Institute develops and implements programs of continuing professional education for physicians in the following areas: pathomorphology, breast diseases, oncology, radiology, radiotherapy and surgery.
Since its inception, the European Medical Center has assisted not only adults but also children. Over time, the number of pediatric patients greatly increased and it was decided to open a children's clinic with its own hospital and outpatient department. The Children's Clinic at the European Medical Center on Trifonovskaya Street opened its doors in April, 2013. It brought together highly qualified specialists in children's neurology, dermatology, allergy, otorhinolaryngology, endocrinology, hematology, surgery and other areas. The clinic features unique specializations, such as children's epilepsy, child psychology and psychotherapy. Today it is the only private children's medical institution with a 24-hour inpatient hospital.
Since its beginning as a small "French" clinic in Moscow's historical center, EMC has developed into a major medical holding company, consisting of four multi-disciplinary medical centers, which are visited annually by more than 250,000 patients who have opted for European-quality medicine in Moscow. Today, EMC employs more than 600 doctors in more than 56 specialties from the United States, Western Europe, Israel and Russia.
As we have expanded our medical competence, we have maintained the values of EMC’s unique clinical practice formed over the last 27 years. Patient care and service that meet the best international standards have always been and will remain our highest priority.
EMC's Medical Achievements:
- 2006 - EMC ophthalmologist was the first in Russia to perform laser correction of age-related presbyopia (far-sightedness).
- 2008 - EMC otolaryngologist was the first in Moscow to successfully conduct an operation for placement of the Vibrant Med-El auditory implant.
- 2012 - The first private clinic in Russia to perform gynecological and gynecologic cancer surgeries using the latest generation Da Vinci Si HD Surgical System.
- 2012 - EMC opened Russia's first private clinical laboratory for pathomorphology and cytology.
- 2012 - The first private practice to perform a CT/MRI-guided biopsy.
- 2013 - Russia's first robot-assisted cystoprostatectomy with lymph node dissection (removal of the bladder, prostate gland and lymph node chains using the Da Vinci Si HD Surgical System) in a patient diagnosed with a bladder tumor.
- 2014 - The first total thyroidectomy (removal of the thyroid) in Russia using the Da Vinci Si HD Surgical System.
- 2014 - The first robotic hemithyroidectomy in Russia (removal of a palpable abnormality in the right lobe of the thyroid using the Da Vinci system).
- 2015 - The first unique neurosurgical operation on an adult patient in Russia using an innovative CustomBone technology to eliminate extensive skull defects resulting from trauma.
- 2015 - EMC is one of the first private medical institutions in Russia to open a Cyclotron Radiochemical Facility and Department of PET/CT Diagnostics.
- 2016 - For the first time in Russia and Eastern Europe EMC has implemented the latest method for treating early-stage breast cancer - breast sparing surgical treatment with simultaneous intraoperative radiotherapy using the Xoft System.
- Medical centers
- Bariatric surgery
- Breast diseases
- Ear, nose and throat
- Family medicine
- General medicine
- Maxillofacial surgery
- Pediatric Surgery 24/7
- Plastic surgery
- Psychiatry and Psychotherapy
- Radiation therapy
- Radiodiagnostics (Ultrasound, CT, MRI, PET)
- Reconstructive surgery
- Rehabilitation medicine
- Reproductive medicine (IVF)
- Aesthetic Clinic
- Breast Clinic
- Cardiovascular Diseases Clinic
- Children's clinic
- Clinic of dermatology, venereology, allergology and immunology
- Clinic of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
- Clinic of Reproductive and Prenatal Medicine
- Dental Clinic
- ENT - Head and Neck Surgery Clinic
- European Clinic of Sports Traumatology and Orthopedics
- Gynecology and Gynecologic Oncology Clinic
- Internal Medicine Clinic
- Neurology and Neurosurgery Clinic
- Oncology Institute
- Ophthalmology Clinic
- Pain Management Clinic
- Psychiatry and Psychotherapy Clinic
- Surgery Clinic
- Urology Clinic
- Weight correction Clinic
I have used Denis as my family doctor for many years, he is an excellent family doctor and has provide sound practical support for my family mainly at the Rosinka clinic for very many years; I would recommend him to anyone.
Sir, I write to you as you are the Director of EMC. You have an outstanding team! I have been successfully treated for breast cancer. I already personally thanked dr Mandelblatt, dr Vassilieva, dr Daskalova, dr Salim and all the staff at the Oncology dept, the Breast center, the Radiotherapy center and all the nurses of the 6th floor, but I also wanted to express my deepest appreciation to you. I have found excellent professionalism in every single person I met during this year of therapy. Not just the doctors, but all the assistants and the secretaries as well, they are all equally very careful and dedicated, always smiling and attentive. Thank you Sir, for putting such an amazing staff together!
Extremely friendly staff. Doctors are well-trained, always up-to-date concerning new methods and also very friendly. The EMC is really service oriented - long working hours (even on weekends) you don't have to wait long to get an appointment. Even doctors will write and answer e-mails.